RIA provides independent advocacy and support to appeal NDIA decisions to people with disabilities in Cairns, Yarrabah, Mareeba and the Atherton Tablelands. We have assisted over 1,200 people in the past 15 years. Our RIA Board of Management currently represents over 80 members, who are committed to social justice, equity and human rights for all people with disabilities, and we are a professional and quality assured organisation under the National Standards for Disability Services.
Membership fees remain as a small contribution of $5.00 per year or $20 for 5 years. However, we do accept more generous financial donations.
Membership benefits include:
- You receive our quarterly Newsletter that provides current information on local services, systemic issues and campaigns, changes to government legislation, social events and activities.
- You can contribute to the direction of our organisation by attending meetings and providing your views and feedback that is welcomed and valued.
- Financial members are encouraged to nominate as a Board member at our annual general meeting
- All members will be invited to celebrate our 15th Anniversary at the Salt House, Cairns in September 2018
- Any member who introduces new members to RIA will receive one year free membership for themselves
- Ongoing financial members (fees paid for 5 years) and Membership fees paid before 30th August 2018 will be entered into a membership draw. You have a chance of winning fabulous prizes drawn at our anniversary event.
We hope you will join us and become involved.