Request for Advocacy
Due to limited capacity and stretched resources, Rights In Action are unable to accept incoming referrals for individual advocacy. RIA management anticipate capacity will be reviewed again by mid-April 2023.
RIA management and staff apologize for any inconvenience this may cause; however we are still able to provide information, advice, outgoing referrals on the phone to individuals who meet eligibility criteria.
If the matter is urgent and the person with disability requires a more immediate response, please contact the relevant statutory authority such as:
QLD Office of Public Guardian – for those with a QCAT appointed decision-maker call 1300 653 187 and your call will be redirected.
Public Trustee – for those whose finances are managed under a QCAT appointed Financial Administrator 1300 360 444 OR
QLD Disability Advocacy Pathways E: [email protected] or 1800 130 582 – for an alternative referral pathway
If you or the person with disability needs urgent assistance you could try:
- Lifeline (24 hours, 7 days a week) – visit the website or call 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue (for mental health support) – visit the website or call 1300 22 4636
- Kids Helpline – visit the website or call 1800 551 800
- First Nations Support line (24 hours, 7 days a week) – visit the website or call 13 Yarn (139 276)
- Suicide Call Back Service – visit the website or call 1300 659 467
- Mens Line Australia – 1300 789 978
- QLD Health Mental Health Services (24 hours, 7 days a week) – visit the website or call 1300 642 255
- National Disability Gateway – visit the website or call 1800 643 787