Please complete an online NDIS Appeals Request Form and submit
NDIS APPEALS SUPPORT
The Department of Social Services has funded Rights In Action to be the NDIS Appeals Support agency for people residing in Cairns, Yarrabah and on the Atherton Tablelands.
People who are unhappy with a decision made by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) can request an internal review of that decision by the NDIA.
If they still disagree with a decision after the internal review has been completed, they can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to conduct an external merits review. An external merits review is an independent assessment of the NDIA decision. The types of decisions that can be reviewed include eligibility for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and what has or has not been approved for their plan.
Rights in Action as the local NDIS Appeals Support Agency can help people to lodge appeals with the Administrative Appeals Tribunal by providing a Support person to:
• assist in understanding the review process
• prepare documents needed for the external merits review
• assist to apply for legal assistance to pursue an application to the AAT
• provide the individual with advice and skills so they can represent themselves at that the AAT if that is their choice
• attend AAT conferences and hearings with the person and help them put their case at the AAT
The NDIS Appeals Support Person is a free service and is independent from the NDIA and the AAT.
Ground Floor, Professional House, 88 Abbott Street Cairns
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm